Monday, February 9, 2009

"Take A Look" - original art

I have so much to say about this, it's tough to find the right starting point...

I have memories, feelings, stories, realizations from my friendship with Dawn. There aren't many, and I struggle to remember them all, be it good, bad, or ugly. I do cherish them all. And it's time for me to share them.

I want to remember the first moment I met her. I don't, sadly. I often wonder how was it that we first came to speak. I try picturing two little girls in a classroom. I try to put myself back into that time, try seeing her across the room ... to no avail.



But I do remember her eyes. Not from that day, or any day in particular. Just in general. I remember her mannerisms, I remember watching her, I must have really looked at her, I still have "photos" of her in my mind when I close my eyes. Still frames of a time long ago.

So I've done my first painting in a long time. It is a portrait of her, well, my memory of her. I'll be honest, it was tough. She had rounded features yet she was so skinny. I have captured her eyes though, maybe not the correct color, but the "look" and the feeling they gave you when you caught her quietly looking at you. The look that made you wonder, what is she thinking? Is she sad? Is she happy right now? Ok, maybe that last part comes from having hindsight. I was a little girl too, and while I had the instinct to wonder what she was thinking, I lacked the knowledge to comprehend.


I have to tell you, if you hang this painting on your wall, the eyes DO follow you. There is emotion in the face and it WILL make you wonder.



Available now at dawndolls.etsy.com

"Take A Look"
An original acrylic painting by Carolina Lebar
- 8"w x 10"h x 3/4" cradle profile
- light varnish on painting, dark stain on the profile
- signed and ready to hang

Prints of this piece will be available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment