Thursday, March 5, 2009

Her favorite color was pink

Fantastic news! A new doll will be available in my little etsy shop within the next couple of days!

Here is a preview...



I love how this dress came out, it's so cute with the little white dress underneath. You can display the pink "prairie" dress open or closed!



You can display the pink "prairie" dress open or closed!



I was recently reminded how Dawn's favorite color was pink, by asking her parents. Then this dress design just popped into my head. I wanted something dreamy, maybe because it was one of those vague memories/details I feel like I should have remembered.

After fiddling with the pattern and sizes a bit, I think I'm really loving how it came together. The addition of the teeny, tiny buttons (glad I have small hands) and a pink ribbon in her hair, make it just too cute.

I create my own patterns using Adobe Illustrator. I do prototypes to help adjust them, then I sew them up. I learn something new each time, not just about doll creation, but about how I've handled losing a dear friend to Cystic Fibrosis.
Thank you for stopping by to share all of this with me, I hope you enjoy what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment